We are looking for great backend developers to join team players, inquisitive, creative, tech-savvy professionals who have deep and broad knowledge and passion for software.
About the project:
You will work on computational biology system for agricultural sphere through analyzing plants’ DNA and helping bring insights to the customers, so that they can breed better crops.
Your area of responsibilities:
- Develop Customer’s core bioinformatic infrastructure and product;
- Collaborate closely with the computational biology researchers team, most of whom have extensive domain knowledge (PhD’s), and bring their innovative ideas to life, at scale;
- Solve issues around scalability and performance;
- Build high-quality, maintainable, and safe products.
Skills and requirements:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development;
- Fluency in Java and Scala programming languages;
- Practical skills in Hadoop;
- Experience with Spark;
- Good knowledge of Amazon EMR;
- Understanding of OOP fundamentals, FP paradigms, principles of clean-code, and general craftsmanship in developing software;
- Strong algorithmic capabilities;
- At least Intermediate level of English.
Will be a plus:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree of science or Mathematics;
- Experience with modern development tools: Git, provisioning tools (Ansible, Terraform), monitoring and visualization, cloud computing services, basic networking, CI/CD pipelines, Docker containers and orchestrators;
- Solid understanding of the runtime environments we use – the JVM and Linux;
- Thorough understanding of testing methodologies and tools;
- Experience working both in legacy and in greenfield projects.
- Working in a small team of talented and passionate engineers;
- Opportunity to work with the most trending technologies;
- Long-term enjoyable cooperation;
- Payable vacation and sick days;
- Competitive salary depending on your own talents;
- Regular performance & career development reviews;
- Cozy office and nice family-type atmosphere;
- Team building events.